Thursday, October 27, 2016

Front Porch Fun Day with Valerie Bishop!



It's Front Porch Fun Day on the Blog today! 
Our Front Porch Kit Design Team Member, Valerie Bishop is here today sharing a super cute Fall Tag and Technique from our It's Fall Yall Front Porch Kit! 



Materials used from the
Front Porch Kit:

Cream cardstock
muslin
felt leaf
button
enamel dots
cream ribbon with brown stitch 
Elle's Studio wood veneer heart
Elle's Studio cut apart tag
various ink sprays from my stash 


Let's get started!
I first used the cream piece of cardstock and cut some manila tags using the Silhouette design "manila tags" design #23643 from the Silhouette store. I sized the tags 3" wide by 6" tall.
I then took my piece of muslin, scrunched it up and placed it in a glass jar. I wanted a shabby fall color to it, so I sprayed some orange and yellow spray mists on the muslin inside the jar and kind wadding it up as I went, making sure all the color stayed in the jar! I would suggest you use gloves unless you don't care if your hands get dyed! (I did not use gloves as I never think that far ahead!!)
After getting the color I wanted I pulled out the piece of muslin and let it dry. I waited about an hour and it was dry.
I then cut the muslin into strips about 3" wide to fit across the tag.
Then I layered the muslin across my tag and sewed across each one
I took the rest of the muslin and used it to make a flower. I simply used a large Cosmo Cricket Gluber and wound it around to form the outer petals of the flower
For the center of the flower I used the cream stitched ribbon. I cut the ribbon about 6" long and pulled both ends of the brown stitch to make the rest of the ribbon gather up. I then tied both ends together to form a circle which I attached to the center of my muslin flower.
I used a button for the center of the flower and stuck one of the larger enamel dots to the top of the button. I then attached the flower to a scrap piece of patterned paper and layered on my tag. I layered one of the felt leaves under my flower. I used another scrap of patterned paper under my cut apart tag title and attached it to my tag. I glued my wood veneer heart on and added a couple enamel dots to my title piece. I used the rest of the cream stitched ribbon for the ribbon topper of my tag.

Thank you so much!!

Hugs, Valerie



Our Front Porch Fun Day Special today is... 
Enjoy 20% off your Front Porch Kit purchase! 
(Offer Expires on 10/31/16)
Hurry over to the LBH Website and Order your Kit or Come by the LBH to pick up your kit in the HouSe! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and for visiting our blog!