Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Trend Report- Vellum (Day 2)

Trend Reports, Tips & Tutorials on Vellum...
today we are featuring the Sprinkles Vellum by Doodlebug Design!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi it's Valerie-- I used the Doodlebug Designs Sprinkles Vellum on my Easter projects. When I saw the fun spring colors I knew they would be perfect for those projects!! I received the Bubblegum and the Limeade and it worked beautifully with Echo Park's Happy Easter Collection .
The vellum punches beautifully - I used my scalloped circle punch on this
 
And the vellum takes adhesive perfectly without it showing through the front after applying and sticking to my projects. That is huge for me as I don't like the way that looks and it's kept me from using vellum pieces in the past. I cut some strips and used it like washi pieces on this bag and as you can see no adhesive showing even though I used my regular ATG gun on this!!
I give this vellum 2 huge thumbs up!! :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi it's Vicki sharing my Vellum Trend Report and Tutorial :)
I used my vellum in a couple of different ways, on two different pieces but using the same technique. 
  I created the dimensional vellum flower by die cutting four flowers.  
Two large and two medium of the same flower shape. All from the vellum.
Using my white Sharpie I edged the petals of each of the four flowers.

Once I knew they were completely dry I used a pencil to roll up the edges of the flowers to give them a little lift. At that point all there is left to do is put them together to build the flower, using a brad to hold them together in the center.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi it's Nadine! :)  I would like to share with you how I made this flower using Doodlebugs Sprinkles Vellum from The Little Blue House.  I love using vellum on layouts and cards and the little texture dots on these vellum sheets make this vellum even more fun to use.

Supplies Needed:

Doodlebug Sprinkles Vellum
Wet Adhesive
Scissors
Brad
Sewing Machine
Thread

 1. Freehand cut three circles with the vellum color of your choice; I used the Tangerine color. Cut each circle slightly larger than the last one. Freehand cut a leaf shape using the Limeade vellum.
 
2. Cut each circle and leaf to a center point as shown below.
 



3. Using a wet adhesive slightly overlap the previous cut area and adhere together. This will make the circles cup a little.
 
4. Once dry, using a sewing machine sew in a circle around the outside edges of the circles. Don't worry if your sewing isn't perfect. It gives more character when it's not perfect or at least that is my story, and I am sticking to it. :)

 
5. Using a small dab of your wet adhesive in the middle of your biggest circle and adhering the medium size flower to it then adding more wet adhesive to the medium size circle to adhere the smallest one to.

6. Add a brad to the middle and use on your layouts or cards for a fun DIY vellum flower.
 

I hope these Vellum Trend Reports and Tutorials
inspired you to create more with Vellum!

You can find Sprinkles Vellum by Doodlebug Designs at
The Little Blue House or at the LBH Online Shop!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Cute - Cute! Love what you gals have done with the NEW vellum!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and for visiting our blog!