Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Bo Bunny "Sweet Life" layout tutorial and card to share

Hi LBH friends!
Vicki Chrisman here to share a couple projects with you today.
First of all, I like to share a layout I created using the Bo Bunny "Sweet Life" Collection
and a few other goodies you can find in the LBH online store.  I'll share with you some tips for putting this layout together.

I loved the circle design on this Bo Bunny paper, so I decided I would cut one of the larger ones out and use it as an accent piece on my layout. 

I am a huge fan of machine stitching on paper and using gold thread is one of my favorite things these days.  I used gold thread to stitch around the circle before adding my photo.

This layout has lots of layering.  Here I used some of the Bella Blvd Clear Cuts (Blueberry) under my photo.  It really showed up on top of the book print paper.

I used my Quick Quotes "Powder Puffs" to ink up and color my initials for my title.

 I tend to type up journaling strips for my layouts quite often, and find that machine stitching them on works great!

Time to add the embellishments.  This is always my favorite part :)


I fell in love with these little Maya Road Mini Say Cheese Chipboard.  Here is what I did with mine.    First I used my ink to make it a dark blue to match my layout.  Then I printed off a tiny photo and trimmed it like a  Polaroid, with a little more white boarder at the bottom of the photo.  
I used a foam square to add it to my layout, making it look like it was coming out of the camera.
Then I added Glossy Accents to the openings on the camera the would be the lens.    
Oh geeezzzz... I love this little camera!!! lol


One more project to share. These beautiful bright happy colors are just so pretty aren't they Gorgeous papers!  I embossed my stamp and the edges of my matted piece of paper with gold embossing powder for interest. ( and used my gold thread for stitching again).
I also added a little strip of the Clearly Bold "White Stripe" on the base of the card.
I really like the sightly different look and feel that adds to the projects. Very fun stuff!



Thank you so much for stopping by and letting me share with you.

Vicki

3 comments:

  1. Love, love, love your projects! Red, yellow, and blue is probably my favorite color combo to use on layouts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and for visiting our blog!