Thursday, October 30, 2014

Boo in a Box - Surprise Surface

Hi there!! 
This is Valerie Bishop here and I'm getting so excited for Halloween to get here (gotta love little trick or treaters and their costumes and of course the chocolate!!). I've been counting down the days using my Halloween Countdown magnet board that I made using the Surprise Surface from my Boo in a Box FP Kit!
When I saw the surface I knew I wanted to make a chalkboard surface on it. I first spray painted the outer edge with some teal metallic that I had from a previous project, then after that had dried and cured, I covered the teal with painters tape and spray painted the center with chalkboard paint. I used permanent chalk(which can only be washed off with water so it won't smudge) to make the spiral in the center and then used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the numbers. I love the letters that came in the kit - when you turn the O's on their sides they look like eyeballs! - and they were perfect for the title of my project.
I punched several starburst circles to and layered them with the sequins from the kit and then used them to frame my magnet board. The adorable skeleton head is so cute and I thought it would be perfect for the date marker - I just glued it onto one of the magnets which is also available in the kit.

My most favorite pieces in the Front Porch Kits are the Surprise Surfaces - they always make me push myself creatively and I always love the projects I end up making with them!

I'd love to see what you have created with yours - link it up in the comment section below so I can see it! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and for visiting our blog!