Sunday, January 18, 2015

Happy Sunday and another Designer Spotlight!

Happy Sunday to you!
Miss Tracy here...and I want to first thank everyone who attended our Illustrated Faith: Bible Journaling Workshops at the Little Blue House this past Friday and Saturday! It was truly an amazing experience and I want to thank Shanna Noel for blessing us with her passion and sharing her talent with us!

The past two days were amazing and I feel so blessed to have been a part of it. Love you Shanna! So excited about what God is doing through you and your Illustrated Faith calling. I will be posting more about how you can get involved with Faith Journaling soon....
Stay tuned! 

Today, I am shining the Designer Spotlight on two more of our NEW team members! Lindsey Banner and Vicki Chrisman...both incredibly talented designers! Read on to learn more about them and see their unique creations....
_________________________________________
Designer Spotlight: Lindsey Banner

Hi, I’m Lindsey Banner.  I’m a vintage loving, estate sale scouring, thrift store haunter, couponing kinda gal.  I have been a paper lover longer than I can remember.  My postcard collecting started at a young age, when my mom would go antiquing and I was bored with it she would sit 
me down with a box of postcards and I would go through one by one admiring the handwriting and unique images and illustrations.  
I have been hooked ever since.

I grew up in an artistic household, my mom worked as an illustrator and graphic designer long before computers and taught me a lot of the skills I use now.   My dad, well he’s a smart engineer kind of guy and has just learned to appreciate the quirks of loving two artists.  I married a handy man extraordinaire that can fix, make or do just about anything I ask.  We enjoy collaborating and making things for our home.  We have a 3-year-old daughter, Quinn, who is my entire world and already showing a love of stamps and coloring.  I went to art school and focused on visual communications.  I really enjoy creating on a computer but nothing can replace real paper to me.  I’ve been lucky to have some interesting forms of work over the years, including opening a small toy store with my best friend.  We sold retro and vintage inspired toys, gifts and novelty items.  It did well, but in our best interest we closed the store to focus on our families. 


   I’ve always been into vintage and retro imagery and anything that looks dusty and dirty just makes me swoon.  I am a Tim Holtz fanatic.  I met him at the great American Scrapbook convention and acted like a total fan girl.  I had him sign an email we corresponded through, ended up loosing the email and it was found by a sweet lady who took extreme care to get it back to me.  All the while, a friend knew how bummed I was about loosing the email and had him write me a note and giving me an even better memory.  I have it hanging in my studio.  It makes me smile every time I see it and tell the story.  Along with Tim Holtz products I really love Graphic 45, 7 gypsies and  Basic Grey.  If the paper speaks to me, I love it what can I say.  I collect a LOT of books for images.  I may or may not have a stack hidden in the garage so my husband doesn’t realize how many books I am bringing home.  Shhh.  


   I love paper crafting, I will try anything once and usually learn something for the next project.  I love mixed media collage.  My biggest hobby is mail art, same concept as a pen pal but we send artwork versus a letter.  I have met some fantastic kindred spirits and am thankful every day for the inspiration they provide.  I love to collect trinkets and treasures, the older and weirder the more I love it.  I keep all broken jewelry and my friends save paper scraps and “junk” for me because they know my kinda crazy.  

  
  I’m very active on Instagram, come follow me and lets share our inspirations and projects.  My user name is laldenban, where you can see all my projects for Little Blue House and other creations. 

Lindsey   

________________________________________________________________
Designer Spotlight: Vicki Chrisman

Hello friends!  Vicki Chrisman here to tell you a little bit about my self. First of all I'm very excited to be joining The Little Blue House Media Team!  I"m looking forward to a fun filled time of us sharing, creating and inspiring together.   My love for crafting goes way back.  I can remember coming home from grade school and finding my way right  to my child craft encyclopedias and going straight for the green one "Make and Do". lol    I don't remember looking at the other ones much but I think I about wore that one out. There was always some fun little project you could make out of things you could find around the house.  Crayons, rubber bands, buttons, toilet paper rolls?  Let the crafting begin! I was in heaven. Art in some form has always been a part of my life. When I first heard of scrapbooking years ago I knew it was for me.  Our boys, who are grown now, were in the early years of grade school.  I saved every piece of memorabilia and documented every year of their lives.  I was hooked. 


 I worked in a scrapbook store for a while before I started submitting things for publication and became active in the papercraft industry, .   It's been about 14 years now that I have been active in the industry and I still love scrapbooking , but now I also love card making, altered projects, home decor and anything else I can cut, glue, color, stitch or paint :)  

  My current Design Teams are  Fancy Pants Designs, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Ambassador, and Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage.  I have a number of my own die designs with AccuCut Craft.    I enjoy teaching, whether its in large groups at trade shows or small classes with just a few of us here in my home town in Nebraska. The best part of teaching is not just inspiring but feeling inspired by your students.   Getting to be with people who share in your love of paper crafting and watching them enjoy the process is ... well, it's 
just the best!

Here comes the hard part.  Describing my style.  I love many different styles so I tend to just go with how I feel about the products in front of me.



  I love vintage so of course Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage is one of my favorite companies.   





Material Girl Card / Crafty Secrets


I also love the fun patterns and bright colors 
of Fancy Pants Collections. 
Holiday Shadowbox / Hazel & Ruby / Fancy Pants
But I spent a number of years on 
the Tattered Angels Design Team  so mixed media is a love also.
 



I guess I'm not ready to commit to a "style" (wink)



Whatever your "style" is... We'll all work hard at keeping your inspired. I would love for you to visit my blog at www.vickichrisman.blogpsot.com.

  

Vicki
_____________________________

Thank you Vicki and Lindsey for sharing today! I'm looking forward to the new projects they will be featuring here on the blog in 2015! 

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a relaxing Sunday....and can maybe squeeze in a little crafting today! 

Keep Creating,
Miss Tracy :)

6 comments:

  1. WOW, Tracy! Those are 2 super talented designers that you've added to your team!
    Lindsey Banner is new to me, but oh, I know her style speaks to many at LBH. When I read the first part of the article I wondered if she liked Tim Holtz, then as I read on...I see she is one of his biggest fans!
    I've been following Vicki Chrisman for several years now because I also like Crafty Secrets and I always visit their booth at Great American.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsy, amazing projects!! Love your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are truly blessed to have Vicki join your team! She is so talented, and brings a fresh perspective that your followers will fall in love with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are truly blessed to have Vicki join your team! She is so talented, and brings a fresh perspective that your followers will fall in love with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never met Vicki, but have known Lindsey since she worked at the Scrapbook Barn. You couldn't ask for a more creative and SWEET young woman! I look forward to seeing all the awesome projects she comes up with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both of your styles! Vintage is so pretty and classy looking. I look forward to seeing more of your fabulous projects!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and for visiting our blog!