Sunday, November 15, 2015

12 Days of Ornament- Day #2

 Thank you for joining us for 12 Days of Ornaments! We have another super cute ornament to share with you today!
 
12 Days of Ornaments- Day #2 "Cookie Cutter Ornament"
Designed by Vicki Chrisman
 
 
 Ornament Supply List:
Paper Trimmer
Scissors

Double sided sticky tape
Hot glue gun
Tacky glue
Glitter
Star shaped cookie cutter
2 inch bottle brush tree
small glitter star
printer to print out words "oh Christmas tree"
1 sheet of Patterned paper
paper bow or ribbon for bow
6 inches of string
jingle bell
button

Let's get Started!
To create these ornaments I used  the Wilton set of four varying sizes of stars.  It is the approximately 4 inch size that I used for this ornament, but of course all would work great.  You would just adapt with different sizes of trees etc.



Cut Four 3"x 12" strips of patterned paper 1" wide.


Using a strong couple sided tape, cover the outside and inside of our ornament with the paper strips. ( even with 12 inch strips you will have to add a little piece to make it all the way around) Hint: use your scissors or the end of a small paint brush to make sure you are getting the paper all the way down into the corners on the inside of the star.
 
Hot glue your little bottle brush tree to a button and add a glittered star to the top of the tree.  You can print off and cut out "oh Christmas tree" and hot glue it to the front of your little tree.Add your tree to the inside of your star with hot glue.

Assemble your paper bow. ( mine was a die but if you don't have one, a ribbon bow will work great also).  Hot glue the bow to the top point of the cookie cutter.  Run your string for hanging through your bell and tie it.  Hot glue your bell to the top of the ribbon.
 
To add the effect of snow on the top of your ornament. brush  a bit of tacky glue to the top, and sprinkle with iridescent glitter.
Come by The Little Blue House to see this adorable ornament in person!!! I hope you enjoyed this ornament tutorial!

Happy Christmas Crafting,
Vicki Chrisman


Enter in to Win this Pre-Made Ornament by
Leaving a Comment below telling us what your favorite Christmas cookie is?
 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now it's Time to announce the Winner of our Day #1 Ornament, congratulations to..... DEBRA!!! 
Please contact the LBH to claim your Ornament.
 


26 comments:

  1. This ornament is adorable! I'm really wild about bottle brush trees this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute. I love the paper and the little tree. It's preciouse Vicki.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet vintage-looking ornament! Love it. My favorite Christmas cookies are Candy Cane Cookues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun sweet ornament. My favorite Christmas cookie is the Gingerbread man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute ornament! My favorite Christmas cookie is short bread cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable ornament! I love cookie cutters and have a few I've collected. My favorite Christmas cookie is plain sugar.

    Very excited to have won Susan's ornament!!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. You ladies always produce the cutest ornaments.. thanks so much for this one Vicki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot go thru Christmas with out Frosted Sugar cookies... :D

      Delete
  8. Such a sweet ornament to enjoy while eating some sugar cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this!!!!!! They make me smile !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute little ornament with the sweet bottle brush tree! Great also as a package tie! Especially love cookies at Christmas, but my old college roommate's oatmeal cherry raisin are the best in our house!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute. I have a Skelton cookie cutter that I love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the ornament. Favorite Christmas Cookies are Fruitcake Cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this ornament. My favorite cookie is gingerbread

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sooooooo CUTE!!! Gonna have to make me one (if I don't win!) My favorite Christmas cookie is a chocolate crinkle cookie and coworker makes every Christmas for our bank's open house. She always make an extras container just for me! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely darling. Love it Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely darling. Love it Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love anything "star" so I really like this ornament! Thanks for the great directions and supply list.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love anything "star" so I really like this ornament! Thanks for the great directions and supply list.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love cookie cutters! Such a cute ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cut out and decorated cookies with my grandchildren from 21-6!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't found a cookie that I don't like but I guess my favorite is my mom's peanutbutter cookies. I really love this cookie ornament because it reminds me of my Mom.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and for visiting our blog!