Friday, March 23, 2012

Front Porch Kit - Nature's Charm Canvas


Hi bloggers..Elaine here.  I hope you have all purchased your beautiful Nature's Charm Front Porch Kit.  As you can see from the gallery the projects we created were amazing.  Hope that doesn't sound to braggy but they really are all so pretty. The kit is jam packed full of great products.  For my post today I was trying to figure out what to talk about.  I am in the process of decluttering my scrap space and as I was trying to decide where to put my FPK remaining items it hit me...can I create one last project from my kit??  Yeppo and here it is..
I took an 11 x 14 canvas and painted it with an acrylic paint called linen.  Then I took some of my mists (Maya Mists Green and Blue Hydrangea) that were in the blue and green families and while the paint was a little wet spritzed it.  It was kind of cool how how the spray reacted with the paint.  I had strips of papers left so I cut the ends in dove tails and placed them on the canvas.  I inked the strips using Quick Quotes Green Tea Chalk Ink. I also had about 12 inches of the great big green rick rack that I added on.
The big giant flower was modeled after one that Miss Tracy taught on a project several years ago.  

.For the center I had a piece of the green fabric that was about 4" x 6".  I cut it into four 1" x 4" pieces.  Pulled the threads on the side to fray.  I then ran a gathering stitch along the non-frayed side and pulled tight to form a circle.  A quick stitch to tie together and this is what it looks like.  (Yep those are my great craft pants underneath the flower center.  They are a work of art in and of themselves.) 

I then took my button and added some twine to the center.  Then I wrapped my yarn remnants around the button and lace that in the center of the big flower

  The buttons on this part of canvas were from my stash. They are vintage buttons my Grandma had.
The sentiment strip says,"Lucky You're in My Life" and so I added this picture of my bestest friends. I am so blessed to have them in my life.
Finally I inked around the edges of the canvas to finish it off.  This turned out to be a Win Win for me.  I now have a beautiful canvas with a picture of my friends and I don't have anything to put away.
YEA!!
If you want some more detail on the this canvas hop on over to my blog - Glittermehappy for some detailed instructions.  If you get the chance stop by the Little Blue House and see some of our gallery projects as well as our Spring and Easter class projects.
Have a wonderful time creating...
Elaine

5 comments:

  1. Great job Elaine. What a perfect way to complete the kit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your canvas Elaine! So fun to be able to use all those scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the large flower's center with fabric, yarn and button.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty... I like the flower and the jumbo ric rack! I use buttons from my great grandmother... it sure makes these projects extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love that fringy looking flower Elaine - great project!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and for visiting our blog!