Thursday, March 29, 2012

IT's the Little Things...

Good Morning,

Rhonda Merry here to 
share a few of the little details 
that I enjoyed about the 
Nature's Charm Front Porch Kit.

In each kit there is always a little something that will
catch my eye. It's usually a paper with a beautiful print  but this
 time it was the strip of muslin fabric the intrigued me.

 I use the fabric in two ways,
 first to make a flower for this mini canvas.
 I did the same gather technique that Elaine did at Glitter Me Happy
with her fabric flower. Click HERE to see instructions. 

Next, I used a small piece of fabric for the
sentiment banner on my own canvas.

For this banner I pulled out my stamps to find a saying that would
work with my canvas.  This was a perfect one for the picture featured.
I cut the banner with dove tailed ends and inked around the
edges with some Shabby Shutters Distress Inks.
 Archival Ink was key to make sure that the ink
would not bleed into the fabric.
It's best to use an ink that is fast drying.

I was in such a stamping mood that I also added 
some stamped fabric to my Family LO.
After stamping the fabric, I carefully trimmed around using
sharp fabric scissors so that I would not snag any thread
and still have a clear image.

On all of my trimmed items I ran a bead of Fray Stoppa around
the edges to keep the edges from fraying.  

Then of course adding the little bit of Stickles Ice, Lemon Ice, 
 to the wing is just one of those "little things" that make
the finished project that much more special.

So tell us what have you done with your
Nature's Charm Front Porch Kit.
We would love to see your projects.

Have a crafty day!

Rhonda Merry

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments and for visiting our blog!