Monday, September 5, 2011

Hello,
Rhonda here today. 
Now that you have had "Time To" order your kit.  We are back to show you some of the amazing projects that the design team has made with their kits. If you would still like to purchase the Time To... kit go to http://www.frontporchkits.com/ or call the LBH at 817-431-7930 while supplies last. This kit is jammed packed full of crafting goodness. I was able to complete 5 different projects from the Time To kit, and still have enough paper to make another LO or two for my scrapbook.  (Plus lots of extra embellies.)
For now, I want to show you my Altered Frame.
FPK August 2011 093
At the Little Blue House we have had many classes for altering frames and I had yet to make one.  So I made my way to the craft store and they were nice enough to have a black frame similar to this one on the clearance rack for me.  I love when they do that!
Black frame
I liked this frame for the wide area around the glass. It would allow me to show off the great patterns in the papers and made for a very quick and easy alteration too.  
All you do is measure the length of each side and divide by how many squares you want to run down the sides.  Mine were about 2-1/4x3-1/4. I picked 5 patterns to use: Basic Grey-Glicee, Tickets-Daily Junque by Pink Paislee(both sides), the pink side of the Basic Grey-Lithograph, and Cheerful Words from the Victoria Gardens by Echo Park.
I cut my squares(well, their really rectangles...anyway) and kept arranging them until I found a combination I liked. Attaching them to this frame I used the tacky tape because it sticks well on the smooth surface. 
For the large flower embellishment I used my new Sizzix Die, Flower Petal Power by Eileen Hull.
FPK August 2011 092
I cut about 9 large petals in the printed paper and 3 large in the solid pink cardstock. And 5 smaller petals from the printed paper and 3 small from the pink cardstock.
To give them their shape I used a skewer to pressure roll them.
Place petal in your hand laying flat.
015
Take skewer, and from the middle, start rolling skewer across the petals with moderate pressure.  (Use a sturdy skewer, too thin and the skewer might break. A dowel or pencil will work too.)
016
017
018
019
020

Curl all of your petals.
043
To arrange my flower, I punched out a 2 inch circle (from scraps) to give myself a base before placing on the frame.  This way I can move and make errors without damaging my framework.
Start with the large petals on the outer edge of your base circle and work inwards, staggering then as you go.  There should be two rings of the large petals and two rings of the small petals. 
056
057
059
I then embellished the middle of my flower.
063
That's it! Nice and easy, and gorgeous
Thank you for joining me today
and
Have a wonderful Labor Day. 
Rhonda

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Rhonda! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's SO cute, love the flower! Thanks for sharing the "how to."

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and for visiting our blog!