Monday, October 12, 2015

Halloween Decor Ideas with Vicki Chrisman and a Prize Winner!!!



Hi Little Blue House friends, Vicki here today to share a Halloween door decor project I created with some of my new products from The Little Blue House.
 

I started with this simple wood frame shape,
but any plain frame works just great also. I've found some great deals at garage sales for frame for these kinds of projects. 
All it needs is a little paint and your set to go.
I used the fun new Pebbles Inc Halloween collection to create these different sized medallions.


Below is a little three step process of how I assemble my medallions. I start with  one to three strips of paper the same width. ( depending on how big you want your medallion to be )

To have some of the medallions over lap the other, you will have to use something to lift them up higher off the frame. You can use a little piece of 1/2 foam, or in my case I used a small round wood piece about an 1/2 inch thick.

I was most excited to add a banner piece for the Glittery "October" puffy sticker from American Crafts and also the other Glittery pieces, to pull it all together.
I'm loving how this looks on
my front door :)

Thank you soo much for stopping by and letting me share this project with you today!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------


Some you might think Halloween is about the "Tricks",
but I think it's all about the "Treats"
So why not make the containers you give them in ..... super cute!
I always have a few little ones , close friends kiddos or my nieces and nephews that I like to have a little something special for. 
 Fun little treat bags and buckets are fun to dress up for them when they come Trick or Treating.I think they would also be super fun for teachers, coworkers, ect..   Big kids like candy too :)
 These Treat bags from Crate Paper and white Bakery bags are perfect for dressing up.  I love having the bags with windows on hand for prettying up and putting cookies in for friends.
The Pebbles Inc papers I used are perfect for Halloween. I loved the title cards sheet!  They are so easy to add to a bag, or mat and add to a painted dowel to stick in a container. 

I wrapped the cute gingham ribbon around my painted dowel, before I added the  "Happy Halloween" sign.
I couldn't have enough of those little jack-o-lantern  medallions from Crate Paper !! Oh my how darling!


Another favorite is these wood veneer pieces from Crate Paper
I decided to first mist mine with orange.
After the mist was totally dry, I went back in with black sharpies
Dressing up little gift bag is simple and fun. They always made those who receive them fell extra special.
 
Be sure and comment below with your favorite Halloween Movie and be entered in to WIN a bag-o-goodies from the LBH!

Share with your crafty friends and Pin this project our your Pinterest Boards! #thelittlebluehouse

We have a Winner from Last Week is.... ANGIE GRIMM!!
Come by the Little Blue House to pick up your Prize!

 

9 comments:

  1. I love these ideas for treat bags! My favorite Halloween movie is The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love the medallions!!! My favorite Halloween movie to watch is Hocus Pocus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Halloween door decor and the treat bags are super cute! Will definitely have to make some for the Grands teachers. I also really like the way you colored the wood veneer piece!
    Congratulations to Angie Grim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. Love the treat bags too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the projects - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, but my Grands were "getting into something' and I had to run but didn't post my favorite Halloween movie. It just happens to be "Arsenic and Old Lace" with Cary Grant. The acting is superb; especially by Cary, the brother who thinks he's Teddy Roosevelt, and the two spinster aunts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Luv everything about this post! My fave movie is Monster House.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such awesome projects!! Love them ALL!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and for visiting our blog!