Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Little Blue House 12 Days of Ornaments: Day #2

Welcome to Day #2 of the LBH 12 Days of Ornaments
Blog Feature!!!


Miss Tracy here to share a very special hand-made ornament with you today! As most of you know, I have a great passion for repurposing old things and giving them new life. One of my favorite projects has been my Shutter Angel. 

This beautiful Shutter Angel inspired our Ornament for Day #2:

Miniature Shutter Angel Ornament
Designed by: Tracy Pounds





This adorable Mini Shutter Angel Ornament was designed with a miniature shutter...Lynette and I fell in love with them...So we have designed several to share with you today!!! You will also be happy to know that we have created Shutter Angel Ornament Kits which are NOW available at the Little Blue House!!! They are $3.99 each. Stop by or call the LBH to reserve your kits.

Miss Tracy's How To:
These are the items you will need to create your
miniature Shutter Angel Ornament:



*This basic Shutter Angel Kit is available
for purchase at the LBH
I used Scotch Tacky Glue to attach my Angel pieces.



  First, glue the 1x3 Chipboard piece between the two wood circle discs. If you are attaching ribbon, cording, or twine as your hanger, you would glue that in between the two discs as well.

Next glue the chipboard to the back side of the miniature shutter. 
 Glue the wings in place as shown. The last wood stick needs to be cut in half and then trim away about 1/2 inch from both ends before gluing to the back of the miniature shutter.
 Cut some strips of art metal tape for the wings and round the edges as shown below. 
 Choose an embossing folder and run the art metal tape strips through your embossing machine.
 Remove backing and attach to the Angel Wings...
 Paint the entire Shutter Angel (front and back) with a white craft paint.
 Once paint is dry, lightly sand over the embossed metal wings with a sanding block or lightweight sand paper  to expose some of the silver core.
 To add a beautiful sparkle to your Shutter Angel, paint over the entire Angel, wings and all, with Art Anthology Sorbet - Dazzle. 
 Embellish your wings with decorative ornament hangers. I attached with Glossy Accents.
 Cut some ribbon and glue to Shutter Angel to create her arms.
 Tie off a small bow and glue in place as shown...
 I added a silver star to the center of the bow. 
 If you want to embellish her face, consider adding a bottlecap and decorative paper. Be sure to add a little Art Anthology Dazzle to it for sparkle if you wish.


I simply adore my finished Shutter Angel!!! I know you will love creating these too!!!

These Shutter Angels can be adorned in numerous different ways with items that you may already have in your own stash of supplies. Lynette Chiles has designed several Shutter Angels to inspire you! Check out her fabulous Shutter Angel creations....





Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post and Lynette and I hope you enjoy the tutorial and making your own unique Shutter Angels!!! You can create an entire Chorus of Angels for your tree....Speaking of Chorus...Share with us today what your favorite Christmas Carol is...One lucky commenter will be chosen to win one of our Shutter Angel Ornaments!

Be sure to check back tomorrow for another
inspiring Ornament Tutorial!!!

Merry Crafting,

Miss Tracy & Lynette

CONGRATULATIONS to the DAY #1 WINNER:
Joan Smith
Please contact the LBH to claim your ornament


29 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this!! Mary Did You Know is my favorite Christmas song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, this is beautiful!. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooooooooo sweet! My favorite Christmas carol is SILENT NIGHT. Actually, this song and THE NATIONAL ANTHEM are my two favorite songs ... ever.

    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy to see a small version of the shutter angel!! Don't have room for the large one, but I certainly do for these small ones!! They are just adorable!!(I think I need 10 of these!!)
    There are so many wonderful Christmas Carols-it's hard to choose just one-but I think my most favorite is "Carol of the bells".

    ReplyDelete
  5. This ornament is darling. I will be making them to place on my tree to represent love ones that are no longer with us. Thank you for a fantastic idea! My favorite Christmas song is The Drummer Boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just precious and I love the variety. I think you may run out of kits before I get there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys are so creative. You always come up with so many wonderful new ideas for ornaments each year. I love my LBH gals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just admiring the larger version yesterday! This is perfect for my tree! I can't wait to make one.
    my favorite Christmas song: Hark! The Herald Angels Sing.
    Kimberly B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary Did You Know? is my favorite song. I love the shutter angel. Calling tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another gorgeous ornament. Loved all the different designs. My favorite carol is The First Noel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the angel ornaments! Really brought back lots of fun memories of our picker retreat last year!! this would be a perfect addition to my tree! A favorite carol I have is "It Came Upon A Midnight Clear"! Thanks Tracy for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love this ornament! So excited you did this in a small version for our trees!
    My favorite is Joy to the World
    Jesus brings true joy to our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE this! I think I may need to do one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Angels are my favorite. Miss Tracy, I love this. Little Drumner Boy is my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  16. O Holy Night is a favorite as well as silent night with german round! Love the ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  17. dean martins version of baby its cold outside - and I also love the version with ester Williams, red skelton, ricardo montelbon too

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love her! She is a must for my tree! <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this ornament! "Mary, Did You Know?" is my all time favorite. Kathy Martea was the first recording artist I heard sing it, then my daughter recorded it on a CD for my birthday, and recently Pentatonix released a CD and it made the list.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the ornament! One of my favorite songs is the "Mary Did You Know?"

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your shutter angels are SO darling!! Love them to pieces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely sweet! I keep trying to get Dh to help me make one of the full size ones, since I can't get to TX. This will be a close second.
    My favorite carol is O Holy Night. (So hard to choose!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and for visiting our blog!