Friday, October 9, 2015

Treat Bag Tutorials- October Blog Series

TREATS, TREATS and MORE TREATS!!!
We love dressing up our Treat Bags to give to Friends and Family for Halloween and Fall! Today we are sharing 2 super cute and easy project ideas using Treat Bags from Crate Paper- After Dark Collection!
Crate Paper- After Dark Treat Bags

Halloween Treat Bag by Rhonda Merry  
To create this bag, take the flat treat bag and gusset the sides so that it will stand up.  To do this, fold up bottom about 3/4” and crease using a bone folder.  Open up bag and flatten bottom to stand bag upright and forming tabs on either side.  Fold tabs upwards and secure with adhesive.  Then run up the sides of bag to form corners. Fill with treats enough to allow a fold over top. Secure and add a tag topper. 
This tag was made with papers from Carte Bella’s Trick or Treat line by die cutting a label large enough to be framed by the bag and then layering it with a Halloween journal tag. Punch a hole at the top to add trims in which a few from my stash at home helped to fluff up the look and secured with some orange and black twine from LBH.  Add a glittery pumpkin from the Halloween Thickers and a few leaf sprigs using the Reverse Confetti Leafy Confetti Cuts and you are set to create a Spooktacular display of treats for Halloween.
I love the Gold Accents on these Treat Bag!!! 



Happy Fall Yall Treat Bag by Valerie Bishop

For this bag, I simply stamped my title between the glitter stripes. I cut a few leaves using my Silhouette Cameo and the b-side of the "Spooky" piece of Crate Paper. I liked the paper because it was a neutral color that allowed me to spray them with Spray Mists to give them some color. After the leaves dried from the spray mists, they curled up perfectly to look like real fallen leaves. I use some tiny pop dots under the center of each leaf to leave them curled but to give a little more lift off of the bag. I adhered the medium black and orange ribbon to frame the top and bottom of the bag.
-------------------------------------------------------------
We hope you enjoyed our Treat Bag Tutorials today! You can find everything you need to create these treat bags at The Little Blue House!!
Leave a Comment below telling us what your favorite Halloween Time activity or tradition your family has... maybe its going to the Fall Carnival, or a Pumpkin Patch...
Leave a Comment and you will be Entered in to WIN some Halloween Goodies from The Little Blue House!!! We will Post the Lucky Winner Next Week on the Blog!
Happy Halloween!!


5 comments:

  1. I love these glitter striped treat bags! "Boo"tiful projects gals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the glittered treat bags and what Rhonda and Valerie did with both of them! I'll have to make some of each and put a cookie inside for the GC's teachers! Thanks for the ideas, gals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been having issues with finding the best bag for myself. After reading this article, my issues has come to an end. I really love the information you provided here as it has helped me a lot. merely looking at the article, i can see that it is written by a PRO. please check my article on Facebook Marketplace Settings and give me valuable feedback. Thanks for the good write-up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and for visiting our blog!